SkyJack Publishing was founded in 2007 with the aim of creating some of the best children’s magazines for a demanding and developing pre-teen audience. Our mission as a new independent publisher in the kids space was to provide the best possible editorial and design for an age bracket that became more and more discerning about style and content. Our first work was the launch of Ben10 Magazine on behalf of Egmont UK, which allowed us to develop further kids titles for other UK publishers. In 2009 we launched our first title, Megaton, which was the UK’s first video games magazine for kids. Megaton received great response from the Games Entertainment industry and was the catalyst for our big break, the joint venture publishing of Moshi Monsters Magazine, which went on to become the biggest titles in kids magazines, achieving sales of over 250K copies per issue. Since then, SkyJack Publishing has diversified its portfolio and expanded on its success with BFF Magazine and 100% Mint, both lifestyle magazines for pre-teen girls and boys respectively.
Who we are
Nic Protopsaltis and Wayne Lamport are SkyJack Publishing’s Management Team and Publishers.
- SkyJack Publishing is a proud member of the Professional Publishers Association (PPA)
- Our management team are members of the Association of Circulation Executives (ACE)
- Gold winner ‘Launch of the Year’ ACE award – Australia 2012
- Winner of PPA ‘Designer of the Year awards’ 2012
- Highly commended PPA ‘Independent Publishing Company of the Year’ 2012
- Nominated ‘Consumer Magazine of the Year’ at the PPA Independent Publisher awards 2013
- Shortlisted for the BSME Designer and Editor of the year 2011
- Shortlisted for the BSME Editor of the year 2011